Monday, November 05, 2007

Busting Medical Misinformation

A resource that I like to use for debunking medical myths and weird stuff on the net is Quackwatch. The site was created by Dr. Stephen Barrett in 1996, and it has won several awards since then including being named by the Journal of American Medical Association in 1998 as one of the select sites that provides reliable health information. It is a nonprofit organization that aims to "combat health-related frauds, myths, fads, fallacies, and misconduct." My only criticism of the site is that it needs to be better organized. For a quick check, you can click on the "What's New" section.

2 comments:

Abbas Shojaee said...

Dear Dr. Razavi

Hello, Thank you for introducing Quackwatch. It was very interesting to me. Also I'd like to introduce you an Electronic Health Record which is a special innovation of our team and I think it might be interesting to you.

As I didn't find your email, I left my email. Please contact me so I can send you further details.

Dr. Abbas Shojaee
email: abbas.shojaee@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Taraneh,

Another site for your collection of health myths busters: http://www.chsrf.ca/mythbusters/index_e.php

Cheers!