Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Quick Fix for Sweaty Armpits

Excessive sweating can be an annoying if not embarrassing. If antiperspirants are failing you then ask your doctor about Drysol or aluminum chloride hexahydrate. This is a topical prescription medication that is effective in reducing excessive sweating in 80% of the cases.

Drysol 20% is applied to dry skin at bedtime. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin. The next morning wash the area gently to remove any residual, then towel dry the area. Do not use any other deodorant. Repeat for 2-3 nights and then can apply once or twice a week. Any itching or tingling that occurs will subside after a few days.

Resources: International Hyperhidrosis Society
Photo: courtesy of hyperhidrosis.

13 comments:

Paul Westbrook said...

The other antiperspirant that is pretty effective is Certain Dry, which is available at most drug/grocery stores.

Unknown said...

hello dear Dr.Razavi
It is very exciting for me that can connect with you.thanks
http://zzenndaan.mg-blog.com/

Frilo said...

Is that really good? My impression is that using nothing makes two results after some time: The perspiration declines by itself and it is much healthier for the skin.
Greeting, Frilo (Branchen)

Anonymous said...

I did not know that and in fact I don't think my GP did either. He states I need to ecersis emore and reduce my weight. I know this is also true but this will not happen overnight, so knowing this is excellent


Business Advisor

Anonymous said...

I have heard some doubts expressed about aluminum-based products. There seems to be concern about possible long-term effects and even some mention of a connection between aluminum and Alzheimer's Disease.

Regards, David

flanok said...

I am going to try this as for some reason, anti persperants seem to do the opposite and make me sweat more.
Not at first, but later on in the day.
I often find it more comfortable just to use a deoderant, rather than a anti persperant.
Thanks

Mark
Tony Robbins

Anonymous said...

know this is also true but this will not happen overnight, so knowing this is excellent.hope you will visit my blogautooo

Anonymous said...

There are also other natural methods that will help you to stop your excessive armpit sweating.

Does anyone has any experience with these type of methods?

Anonymous said...

...here is the natural method I was refering to:

Stop Sweaty Armpits

Anonymous said...

Great tips. Look at these dry skin care tips.

Anonymous said...

There is one completely natural way to get rid of underarm sweating. You can find it at www.sweatinghelp.info

Anonymous said...

doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Okay ill try it my sweat stinks alot